Monday, October 1, 2007

Dude, Where's my summer?

Usually the start of daylight savings time means that summer is on it's way but judging by the weather today it could still be a long way off. The rain is bucketing down and there is thunder and lightning too, which I always find pretty scary. So to help pass the time on this horrible afternoon, I've been going through some of the websites of NZ designers, dreaming of the beautiful summer dresses that I'll get to wear one day. Karen Walker definitely has the best dresses (in my opinion anyway) and although I cant afford them, they make great eye candy. I used to love Country Road dresses until I actually tried one on - it made me look about 6 months pregnant.
I must admit though, apart from dresses and bikinis, I do like winter fashion a lot more than summer fashion. Summer is the sort of season where you don't wear many layers or dark colours - and I just happen to love both. And I'll be very sad when it gets too hot to wear my $20, size 2XL hoodie from The Warehouse.

No comments: